If you've been to Breakpoint in 2007 and just want to check which compo rules changed, this page is for you.
- This change affects several compos, notably the graphics compos, the PC compos and the 96k game, Animation/Video and Console/Real Wild compos. In general, entries up to Full HD (1920x1080 pixels) resolution are accepted; smaller resolutions will be upsampled (while preserving the aspect ratio) as necessary.
- An extra rule has been added stating that you may only submit productions you were involved in, not someone else's. We used to think that would be obvious, but as experience from last year shows, it apparently wasn't.
- We will be extra-careful about copyright violations this year. Please be reasonable and only use third-party content if you have a valid legal license, or you will have to be disqualified. If you are unsure what is allowed and what isn't, read the newly added copyright page.
- Consider releasing your productions with a creative commons license. This is not a requirement to compete at breakpoint, but CC licenses encourage sharing (and remixing if you want to), which we feel is a good thing for demoscene productions.
- It's not a new rule, but please consider adding a resolution/aspect ratio selector to your productions. 16:9 and 16:10 displays are increasingly common, and it's annoying for owners of widescreen displays if everything gets displayed with the wrong aspect ratio.
- Please note that the deadlines have been moved. All graphics compo entries must now be submitted by Friday 22:00, including C64 graphics and Executable 4k graphics.
- After debating this for some time among the organizers, we've decided to cancel the theme graphics competition. The amount of entries has been quite low for the last couple of years, and a lot of them were at best vaguely related to the given theme. There's no point holding a compo if there's no apparent interest in it.
- However, there does seem to be notable interest in a executable 4k graphics competition, so we've added one. We're eagerly awaiting your submissions to see whether it pays off :)
- Please note that the deadlines have been moved. All music compo entries must now be submitted by 22:00 on Friday.