- The competition PC will be a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz with 512MB of RAM, a GeForce4 TI4200 128MB ViVo, and an AC97
- For Windows demos we will use Windows XP with the latest service packs, DirectX version and non-beta graphics drivers. We will NOT install
any drivers or virtual machines to provide or improve DOS compatibility, don't expect anything more than Mode13h and
nosound if you really dare to submit a DOS demo.
- For Linux demos we will use a then current Linux distribution (probably SuSE or Redhat) with the latest XFree and
graphics/sound/3d drivers. We will NOT install any obscure libraries or self-compiled kernels, be prepared that your
entries have to run on an out-of-the-box linux without any required additional downloads.
- Pressing either ESC or Alt-F4 has to end the demo instantly.
- The entry has to be delivered as single .zip file.
- Maximum resolution is 1024x768 pixels, Truecolour.
- If you have no experience on how to make demos look good on the bigscreen, we strongly suggest reading
this article by kb/farbrausch.
- Java and .NET is not allowed in the intro compos; you may submit a Java/.NET demo, though. (We'll try to have
a current JDK/.NET runtime installed, but having an install-version available if you submit such an entry would be a
good idea anyway :).
If you have questions or suggestions about these rules, contact the organizers.